Crystal Dragons - Taekwondo Review from Hickory, North Carolina

I am very concerned that a website like this exist that would allow someone to slander and degrade an Individual and or a business. Do you even check the reviews that are posted. Do you know the difference between someone leaving a simple review that they simply do not like the service that someone provides or check to see if it is indead a slanderous possible legal law suite. Not just againist the one leaving the review but also againist a sompany like this that allows such to be posted. I am the owner and Senior Instructor of Crystal Dragons Taekwondo. Anyone at any time can come in to the school and see for themselves that the reveiws posted on your website are false. I have been in this business for over 19 years. I have seven children and nine grand children. I have worked many years with children, I also drive a school bus. I have also been active in child safety teaching children how to be safe I do believe that maybe you should start checking the validity of people leaving reviews and taking some responsibility for what is posted on this website. Every different martial arts association has it's own rules and requirements on what their students need for training and supplies. Every school out there is indenpently owned and operated. I am sure if you checked all schools in the area you would find some that are not even lincensed. I do hope that you check out the review left for my school and do something possitive about the totally slanderous review.

Wow, its a sad day when martial artists are being corrupted and dishonoring TaeKwon-Do. General Choi is probably rolling in his grave (Rest His Soul.) watching this B/S from Martial Artists, i must say this is not what he had in mind...his mission was to spread the knowledge of TaeKwon-Do around the world while maintaining Honor, Crystal Dragons you have Stained the name of TaeKwon-Do and should be ashamed as a Master to call yourself a legit school.

for those that have been hurt by this Dojang i deeply say im so sorry for your loss. if i had a way to repay you for your Pain i would.

All TaeKwon-Do Schools arent Bad, but...if you wanna join a legit school may i suggest an ITF or WTF (Kukkiwon Certified) school these schools your rank will be recognized worldwide. again im sorry for your pain and i hope you continue in the martial arts world and dont let this school give you a bad taste about TaeKwon-Do cause we arent all like that.

TaeKwon,

An ITF TaeKwon-Do Black Belt 1st Dan

I would like to give a thumbs up to 2 schools in our area. Thiemes on the air station.. Very professional.. very reasonable prices. REAL training. Thank you very much for letting me sit in on classes and seeing what I should have gotten.

Ramires black belt academy in Swansboro NC another fine school with REAL instructors and very fair prices.

I don't think all the ATA schools should suffer because of a bad school. I visited the schools mentioned and found they did know the forms and knew them very well and were reasonable.

ATA does contact those school owners and inquire about issues and complaints. The ATA heads are in another state and can't see whats going on here. I suggest if you have been abused and taken for large sums of money by all means contact ATA as well as the local BBB. You have the right to do so. But I am here to give credit where credit is do and the schools I mentioned Ramires ATA BBA and Thiemes ATA taekwondo on the air station are the ones making ATA proud by doing what they claim to do.

The teaching I saw was a cut above what is required by ATA standards and I wish I had done my research long ago before I lost thousands of dollars. I ened up way in the hole and was taught nothing.

Just do your home work as I should have.

I am so glad to have my child and family out of the piney green school. The other issues are for the courts to deside.

8) 8)

notice the name sunny smiles and what s written, This is the owner herself writing all the great reviews. Boy are you smart!!

Sunnysmiles /Amber/Mrs Russell who ever you claim to be . You should at least change your name LOL LOL!

To Funny!! That should speak for it's self consumers.And further more it is not slander if you can prove it is all true so keep that in mind.

Those people speak the truth and nothing but the truth and you sooooo know it. :x

Those people are not telling stories. they tell the truth! I know the parents of the 2 children recently abused by those boys/ instructors and have seen the confessions made on vidieo to the cops so much for that! Those good remarks could be made by Mrs. Russell herself threw her daughters email she probubly could not get anyone else to give a good review. Fact= Mrs Russell /crystal dragons taekwondo will be in court soon so lawyer up!!! I have read the cancel letters sent and they all say the same thing, Racial issues,lack of training and abuse! ATA only collects lisence fee and what ever certificates they print off the web site and that's it! I have letters sent to Mrs.Russell from ATA asking her what she was doing telling people that's what ATA charges it's all a lie! That money goes in her pocket as well as her daughters pocket and her son inlaws pocket. That is a fact!

If I could post proof on this web site I would then you could see facts and not what she wants to post to cover her own ***. I will be posting an email of ATA lisenceing and you can ask him direct what ATA collects and does not collect. They will tell you They do not collect that big tuition she charges per month.

They will tell you exactly what they get and it's not what she claims at all.

This is a huge buyer BEWARE!It is also my understanding that this will hit the local news as well and they won't confront things that are not proven we all know that. Your threats are empty ones you know it's true so why not correct the problems instead of covering them up???? So take that 3rd degree and put in on your wall because everyone knows you gave those belts to your grandchildren and they did not know the material! That came from a very reliable sorce and it will all come out in the wash. And will be public info soon enough! And people will then see the truth for them selves not hearsay.I am so sickened by the lies this woman spews to everyone includeing those close to her. Get real lady.

2. Written by Amber, on 16-10-2009 17:18

If you have not gone to this school in person and actually taken a class and met the Instructors in person,I find it totally unfair to judge any establisment on a 10 minute phone call. I know for a fact that in order to particpate in any ATA tournament you have to have ATA gear. I know for a fact that the price covers much more than your baic hands,kicks and helment. Maybe you should go by the school for your personal investigation and get the true facts. I have trained with and have known the owner personally for over 20 years. And I am not just a 1st degree I am a third degree black belt

:grin

My children and myself have studied martial arts at the Crystal Dragons for quite a while. I am pleased with the level of expertise taught at the school.

I have never witnessed or heard of any abuse or misconduct since the new owners took over the school. The instructors are well versed and knowledgable in their field. If there is a question about a form or move, they go to the owner who is a 4th degree black belt. She knows the material and is not afraid to get on the mats and work with the students.

As for her sons hurting other students or molesting anyone, that is a lot of phooey. The person that wrote the article must have someone else in mind, because it is not happening here with the present owner and instructors. My children have never been mistreated, nor have I seen any other children misused or abused by the instructor or her sons. They are caring and considerate young men.

We have also attended many tournaments, and the equipment that all particapents are required to wear are ATA approaved equipment. Anything else is not allowed, it is in the rules for the tournament. I would suggest that if you are really interested in ATA, you visit the school personally and speak with the owners and the instructors in person. That is the best way to find out what people are like.

Check it out in person, before you decide to take someone elses word for it. Find out just why that person is so negative about the school. I would be willing to bet it is not because of the level of instruction received, nor the attitude of the instructors.

As for the racial slur, not in this lifetime. Check it out for yourself

View more comments (5)
ID
Hickory, North Carolina

ATA Taekowndo jacksonville nc 28540

Beware of Crystal Dragons ata taekwondo jacksonville nc Abusive non certified instructors. 2 children abused out of anger by the so called none certified instructors. Proof and many complaints have gone into ATA american taekwondo and they tell us they sell the license but do not control what schools do. The first owner of the Piney green school allowed a child molester to go on for years until busted and convicted and now in prison. ATA would do nothing up until he went to jail. Now we have a 300 pound woman and her 2 abusive sons running the school and AGAIN ata will do nothing about it. She gets people into long term contracts and if they want to cancel it will cost them 200.00 yet another surprise. She then secretly keeps them being billed when they cancelled and now have to fight to get the money back that was stolen from personal accounts. She does this on purpose. They do not know how to teach it at all and fight over who has the forms right. They also have big issues against black people and use the n word freely behind students backs. The son's use the school for picking up students of female nature and Have been seen humping a 17 year old in the school parking lot and inside the school as well after hours. What a joke !!! ATA can sell a license for 15,000 for use of the ata name but they can do what ever they like after the licence is bought .. molest your child.. beat your child and choke your child as I am told and have seen allot of it first hand. I wasted 5 years on training to get OH well from ATA headquarters. This is sick.. if I go to McDonald's and get a *** burger and complain to the franchise they loose the licence right. ATA should be held responsible to what happens to children under the ATA name.. it is all about the money! Even adults have Ben beaten and hurt by the owners sons and can't do any thing about it unless they have 5000.00 to sew the losers. Check out the school and ask about things before you enter. Also make sure they all have had back ground checks as they charged me 30.00 for one but not one instructor/ sons of the owners have had one. They are fake fake fake! the owner a very heavy woman can't kick 6 inches off the ground but claims she trains world champs and masters.. Do Not Be Fooled. If they can't do it .. how can they teach it ??? I am sickened as many others are as well.They will also *** you out of lot's of money for gear they insis has to be ATA when it's century stamped with ATA on it for 100 % over what it really costs.

Bwah hah hah ha!

Read The Carol comment and then read the ones under sunnysmiles same words, same sugestions emmm my eyebrows are raised this realy is the same person posting the cudo's That just cracks me up! Amber, Carol Mrs Russell who ever you are you are not looking to good here as a truthful person. NOT AT ALL!

As for the racial slur, not in this lifetime. Check it out for yourself

Glad I found this article. I studied under Lori Guillory in Lafayette, Louisiana from 1984-**** and received my 1st degree black belt.

It was an absolutely amazing experience and now that my son is 5 I wanted to enroll him in ATA Taekwondo. Having read your review, I am still going to interview with the school, to confirm what you have said. Having spoken with a woman at ATA Taekwondo on Piney Green Rd., yesterday. I was told that equipment would cost $350.00.

I explained that with my experience i nmartial arts, I would be able to get all necessary equipment for much cheaper. She then told me that it HAD to be ATA equipment. So within a 10 minute conversation, I had confirmend one of the statements that you mentioned in your comments above. I look forward to 'pretending" to know nothing about martial arts and observing the teaching and instruction.

I will post additional comments after my in person "interview". Thank you for your post.

You have helped save a child from any abuse (my child). I am very grateful.

View more comments (4)
ID
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article